Invision Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatCornholio

Collagen and aging

TheGreatCornholio    7,640

Histological analysis showed changes suggestive of skin aging (fragmentation and disorganization of collagen fibers), especially in patients over 60 years. There were no significant changes in the relationship of age with the thickness of the dermis and epidermis, but there was with the percentage of the collagen I, III and total (p<0.001), which decreased with increasing aging.    

Histological sections of skin from the group of women aged below 50 years old showed large amounts of type I collagen fibers arranged neatly

a12fig1.jpg

Histological sections of skin from the group of women aged 50 to 59 years showed mild fragmentation of collagen type I

a12fig2.jpg

The histological sections of skin from the group of women aged 60 to 69 years showed marked reduction of type I collagen fibers and the presence of type III collagen fibers

a12fig3.jpg

Histological sections of skin from the group of women aged 70 to 79 years showed marked disorganization and fragmentation of fibers of collagen type I and presence of type III collagen fibers

a12fig4.jpg

a12tab2.jpg

The changes found in aged skin are: volume loss, reduction cell (fibroblasts and mast cells), reduction of blood vessels, shortening of capillary loops and abnormal nerve-endings

In the elderly, the fibroblasts continue to produce collagen (even in vitro), which could suggest that the decrease of collagen would be subject to several factors, including increased degradation since the synthesis of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), enzymes responsible for degradation of collagen, increases with aging without an equivalent increase in their inhibitors. The beneficial effect of retinoids on skin aging due to the inhibitory effect on MMPs may be an indicator of this phenomenon

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0102-86502012001000012

----------

Moral of the story:

Use Tretinoin before age 40. And low dose 0.25% gel E3d is just fine.

http://looksmax.net/Thread-Retin-A-tretinoin-for-anti-aging

• Like 1

Rickson    150

I've noticed white males are affected with this collagen issue the most, I have a few friends who are in their mid 20's with crows feet + nasalobial folds.

The key to ageing well is collagen and hairline

forever_incel    5,378

daddy, cum on my face so I can stay younger!!!

I've noticed white males are affected with this collagen issue the most, I have a few friends who are in their mid 20's with crows feet + nasalobial folds.

The key to ageing well is collagen and hairline

just be ethnic if you want to stay young

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this